Friday, June 3, 2011

my 200th post will be about a bagel

I don't really care about celebrating my 200th blog post. But I just happened to notice it when I went to write a new one. In honor of this, do a little happy dance for me. Okay? Good. Did you do it? Did you dance? 

One of the many lovely perks of working at my job is that on Friday mornings we get Noah's Bagels. In the last few months it has been easy to pass up a bagel because I love cream cheese, and since nursing my little babes I have not been eating dairy. As a result, I have been skipping the bagel because it is just not as good without cream cheese.

(Side note: my husband hates cream cheese. WTF? Cream cheese is amazing. Whatever).

But this morning I rushed out of the house without having a proper breakfast and so when I got to work I decided to have a bagel. I chose a delicious cinnamon and sugar bagel and I put it into the toaster. When it popped up I grabbed it like always and immediately the cinnamon and sugar goodness welded to my finger and I dropped to my knees (literally) while yelling profanities. THE DAMN CINNAMON AND SUGAR BAGEL BURNT MY FINGER.

("The bagel bit my finger and it really hurt!" If you don't know what I am talking about, click here)

Now I was feeling like a real wimp, because c'mon, it is a bagel. It wasn't like I just grabbed a boiling pot of water or something.

But ladies and gentlemen I am here to warn you: BAGELS CAN BE DANGEROUS TO YOUR HEALTH:

See that white spot on my finger? That is a BLISTER. From getting burned. And trust me, it hurts. I spent most of the morning drenching it in burn cream. And let me tell you, typing without your index finger is nearly impossible.

And to think, if I had known that today was National Donut Day none of this would have ever happened.

3 comments:

  1. OUCH! I will keep that in mind, to be careful of hot bagels. Because I? Love bagels. And cream cheese. My husband, also, does not enjoy cream cheese. Darn weirdos! ;)

    Congrats on 200!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vegan cream cheese doesn't hold a candle to the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate burns. I burn myself all the fucking time - usually because I grab a pan or pot I just removed from the hot oven. Yep. Brilliant. That's me.

    ReplyDelete