Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why Starbucks is my third favorite company

I didn't think it could get much better than the Starbucks holiday cup--that beautiful red piece of art that serves up warm, holiday cheer from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I practically shrieked when I got my first one of the season. I swear it makes my drink more special. I didn't think it could get any better...

...and then this happened:

Part of my save money and calories plan was not to go to Starbucks anymore. But when I heard about this cup I HAD to go. Look at that thing of beauty! Who knew that taking away the green logo and replacing it with a heart would evoke such JOY in me?! THAT CUP IS CUTE AND I HAD TO HAVE IT.

I don't care if people accuse Starbucks of being a evil big business. I don't care if you think Peet's is better. I don't care if Peet's IS better. I love Starbucks because their cups make me happy and no one else makes me a Grande Nonfat Toffee Nut Latte is (by the way, I don't know what toffee nut is, I just know it is delicious).

Starbucks came out with those delicious breakfast sandwiches and now they have those beautiful cupcakes and donuts with the sparkly sprinkles. They sell the perfect mugs and cute seasonal stuffed animals. They have comfy couches and wi-fi and I recognize people when I go inside the store. Just going into Starbucks makes me happy!

Then why is Starbucks my third favorite company? Because as much as I love the holiday cup and now this adorable heart cup, Apple and Google are genius. The iPhone, the iPod and any Apple computer are pure beauty. I want to bow in their presence. And Google rivals their brilliance with every web-based program they introduce. I am obsessed with all things Google. So Starbucks is relegated to spot #3. But I am telling you now, if they release a Shamrock cup, they may just shoot to #1.

1 comment: