Friday, April 29, 2011

Tidbits

I have been reading about 365 photo projects for over a year now. I wish I had been sensible enough to start one centering on my girls or at the beginning of the year or on a significant date like my birthday or something... but it didn't happen. So I am starting on May 1, inspired by Capture Your 365. I am pretty sure that I will not be successful at doing this on a daily basis, but I really want to try. I am also hoping that it will encourage me to learn how to, ummm, use my camera. I could easily do this using my iPhone and the Instagram app, but I want to try and use my actual camera instead.

-------

I am rejoining swim team starting on Monday. I used to go all the time and I loved it. During pregnancy I found it difficult to get myself out of bed to make 5:30am workouts. This time around I will probably only make it 2-3 times a week. But I hope to combine that with 2-3 runs a week plus some walking to make sure I get some sort of workout each day. I am super excited to get back into the pool. Swimming is very mentally challenging for me because there is so much monotony and time to think. I often like distractions (ahem, twitter, facebook, google reader...) but I am looking forward to this time to quiet myself and focus on my body and my inner being.

-------

I am not ashamed to say that there are several hours of royal wedding nonsense on my DVR. I am not obsessed with all the hype, but I do think it is an exciting and historical event. Prince William is the same age as I am and like many girls my age I grew up knowing that it would be someone my age who he married. Now I never had any false hopes that he was going to marry a commoner from some little country like America, but of course my adolescent self still wondered what it would be like to marry the real life prince of England. I haven't watched any footage yet and likely it will be days before I get a chance to sit down and watch it. But I did look at 3 or 4 pictures of Kate Middleton in her dress. All I have to say is that she looked absolutely stunning.

--------

Last night I met with Kim and Janelle. I have known Kim for a long time from our grad program, but I "met" Janelle through her blog, which Kim introduced me to. IF YOU ARE NOT READING THEIR BLOGS, YOU ARE MISSING OUT. Just sayin.
 
--------
 
Happy Friday y'all.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I had fun too. I love both y'all. And yeah, the whole royal wedding thing is pretty fantasy Cinderella-like - isn't it? It's pretty appealing in that way...cause it's just such a DREAM. I mean how effing cool would that be?! But, though she isn't "royalty," she's a super millionaire, which makes her near royalty. I think.

    ReplyDelete