Wednesday, February 9, 2011

oreos are the devil's food.

Apparently after I was born all my hair fell out. It didn't matter since I was so adorable. But now my poor baby Ana is starting to lose her fuzzy hair and it is making me ridiculously sad. I know it will grow back but I just love it and I don't want it to go away.

------

I ate Oreos today. A lot of them. Enough to make me throw away the rest of the package just so that I wouldn't eat those too. Wasting food was the lesser of two evils in this situation. Some days I make good decisions, some days I eat Oreos. Luckily when my husband got home he refused to let me wallow in my afternoon of bad decisions and we walked to the grocery store to pick up dinner.

Although it was a little chilly after the sun went down, it was a gorgeous evening for walking. Early in our marriage Brandon and I used to walk all the time. Although we lived in a nice condo complex, it was near some more "interesting" parts of town. Our regular walk included passing by a liquor store and tattoo parlor. I love walking with my husband because it gives us uninterrupted time to talk with one another. There are no distractions, just us talking. In those early days we talked about finances, weekend plans and hopes for our future. Today the topics are the same, but the details are different. We have filled in many of the blanks. I love the challenging walks I do with my mom for their exercise value. But I cherish the walks with my husband for the value they add to our relationship.

------

I absolutely love the weather we have been having in Northern California. With the exception of yesterday's blustery weather which drove me to the mall, it has been sunny and warm. It has been great for me so that I can get out of the house for all those walks. But I have been a Californian long enough to know that any day now could mean rain. And that rain could last until May. Like last year. So I am cautious about my joy for the sun.

1 comment:

  1. Okay what kind of oreos? Because my devil oreos are both the mint kind and white fudge covered! Ack! Lately, EL Fudge cookies are also on the devil list. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete